Davis Engineering & Surveying, LLC is looking for an Engineering Project Manager. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience completing residential subdivision and commercial design and engineering, will be ready to perform and/or learn a wide variety of tasks, and enjoys working as part of a small, tight knit team.
- Ensuring project delivery in a manner that is profitable while increasing the likelihood of repeat business from highly satisfied clients.
- Effectively work with project team members to ensure deadlines and project expectations can be accomplished and provide support with client interaction and plan preparation.
- Management and supervision of project design team professionals including sub-consultants such as geotechnical, environmental, survey, and legal with the primary objective to drive the scope, schedule, and budget for assigned projects.
- Foster and maintain a superior customer service attitude by anticipating and planning ahead for client requests as client contact is required in support of project deliverables.
- Coordination with Clients throughout the project and permitting with federal, state, and local municipalities. Serve as a representative for Clients at meetings, if necessary.
- Identifying, recommending, and embracing new ways of delivering projects.
- Ability to meet with clients to discuss projects and milestones and procure new clients for the firm.
- General Assignment Distribution – 70% Drafting/Design / 30% Project Management/Client Communication
- Capable of designing and drafting basic site plans as well as final construction design documents and implementing design ideas, translating comments from upper-level Civil Engineers and Regulating Authorities.
- Capable of producing a full hydrology study as well as supporting pipe, flood, and culvert analysis to support such study.
- Familiar with local zoning ordinances, subdivision regulations, and other design criteria to independently formulate and present specific practical solutions to project design problems.
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently and efficiently utilize time in executing assigned tasks accurately, on schedule, and within the budget.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills required to effectively interact with clients, vendors, municipalities, regulating agencies, and co-workers at all levels.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or similar from an accredited university/college is preferred, but not required. Candidate will be encouraged to pursue professional registrations and other appropriate licenses through ongoing technical training.
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering principles with experience in site design and layout, including, but not limited to, site planning, erosion control, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, domestic water and grading designs.
- Civil 3D (Auto CAD) and/or Carlson drafting/design experience
- Project experience in the following areas: Grading and Drainage design, residential layouts, master development plans, street design and profiles, residential lot layouts, commercial lot design, water and sanitary sewer utility design, hydrology, civil design, erosion control plans, earthwork calculations, and project management.
: DOQ (Package includes health and dental insurance, Simple IRA retirement plan, paid time-off & holidays).